Roller shutters are a popular type of door in industry. In this blog post, we’ll look at roller shutters and how they can be used in warehouses and other industrial settings.
Advantages of roller shutters
Roller shutters are popular across many business sectors due to their many advantages. Here are some of the main benefits of roller shutters.
- Strength. Roller shutters are strong and able to withstand high usage.
- Weather protection. Roller shutters can protect your premises from the element.
- Noise reduction. Roller shutters are good at keeping noise out.
- Security. The doors are also good at keeping out intruders.
- Ease of use. Roller shutters are simple to use.
Overall, roller shutters have many benefits. They are hardy, reliable, functional and easy to use, whether in a factory, warehouse, business unit or commercial site.
Roller shutters are suited to a wide variety of applications for entrances/opening areas. They can be designed and built to your bespoke requirements and are an efficient, versatile door that gives excellent access control to your business premises.
Roller shutters are available in a variety of operational configurations and we can visit to advise you where best to install this kind of door to meet your flow requirements. You can also choose between manually operated, powered operation and chain hoist mechanism doors.
You can also decide where best to install your door to be most beneficial depending on your needs and space available.
CustomisabilityThere are many ways to customise a roller door.
- Size. Roller shutters can be made to a standard size or made to measure if extra width or height is needed.
- Material. Roller shutters can be made of a variety of materials, including steel, timber, UPVC and GRP. Furthermore, they can be made in different designs and finishes.
- Windows. Roller shutters can also come with windows to improve the natural light in your warehouse. Let your supplier know if this would benefit your business, product, or workers.
Our roller shuttersWe here at Norton are one of the leading installers of industrial roller shutters in the UK. Our roller shutter doors have been designed to suit industrial premises. Generally constructed from 75mm concave galvanised lathe, with an option for plastisol and powder coating, size range from 9 to 60 metres squared.
Standard roller shutter doors are designed to accept basic wind speeds up to and including 73mph (hurricane on Beaufort Scale).
Electrical operation is by means of high quality three phase safe drive motor and gearbox with digital limits. The safe drive operator prevents the uncontrolled drop of the shutter curtain. All control panels are low voltage and have open, close and emergency stop buttons as standard. Emergency manual override is provided to allow operation of the motor in the event of power failure.
Our roller shutter doors can be supplied with safety edges and photocells if automatic (impulse) close is required. All safety systems comply with the current machinery directive standards.
Roller shutters are just one of the many options we can design and install for you at your warehouse or business premises. We can help you decide if this is the right access and security solution for you and answer any other questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to get in touch.