The COVID-19 situation has affected us all. Thousands of businesses have closed and hundreds of thousands of people have lost their jobs as a result of COVID.
The situation has been hard so far for everyone and it’s still not over yet.
Here at Norton, we’ve taken measures to protect our staff and customers from the coronavirus threat. We’ve put policies and procedures in place against the coronavirus that still allow us to provide a 24/7 service.
In this blog post, we’ll go over the main measures we’ve put in place.
1. Social distancing
The official advice from health organisations is to limit face-to-face contact. In fact, it has been found that limiting close face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
At Norton, we’ve implemented this by telling visitors and employees to keep at least 1.5 metres apart as much as possible. We also have a work-from-home scheme for our admin staff (see below).
COVID-19 spreads mainly from person to person through respiratory droplets. Masks are a simple barrier to help prevent respiratory droplets from reaching others. That’s why we tell our employees and visitors to wear a mask at all times.
3. Health screening
All visitors are asked health questions before entering to determine if they might be potentially carrying the coronavirus. These questions are:
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath or other respiratory problem) in the last 14 days?
4. Hand sanitisers
We continue to source sanitisers for our team. We have sanitiser available throughout our site for visitors and staff.
We still accept cash but we encourage the use of non-contact payment such as card or bank transfer. Payment with coins and notes can pass the coronavirus, so we ask people to pay by card or bank transfer as much as possible.
6. Communication technology
To save customers from having to come to see us in person, we have a number of alternatives available:
- Phone. We’re always available by phone at 0121 752 2765, 24/7.
- Email. We have a contact form at https://www.nortonindustrialdoors.co.uk/contact-us which allows customers to communicate with us by email.
- Website. We’ve put all our most important information on our website, www.nortonindustrialdoors.co.uk, and we keep our site up to date.
- Social media. We have Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts where we post updates with our latest information. Follow these if you’d like to stay updated!
7. Working from home
Our employees work from home wherever possible to avoid potentially spreading the virus. We’ve already implemented a number of IT measures so employees can work from home while keeping our service running smoothly.
8. Frequent communication with our team
We keep our employees updated about coronavirus and we remind them of the importance of good hygiene, social distancing and wearing a mask.
Finally… thank you!
The Norton team thanks all our customers for working with us to stay safe during this time. No matter how long it takes, we’ll get through the situation together!